I feed, I change, I wipe, I kiss booboos: I am mommy.

Monday, September 1, 2014

The First of Many Chases

My first weekend as a stay at home mom we went to the hardware store.  Patrick was looking for something on the lower level.  I walked to the top level with Paddy to find oven cleaner, a supposedly simple task.  As a clerk asked me what I needed I saw my son start to run.  I started the chase and found him on the lower level already passing my husband.  In a fit of giggles and no control over the situation I yelled to my husband “a little help please!” as my son disappeared out of sight.  Do I throw my coffee and purse on the floor to start sprinting or just continue begging him to stop.  “Patrick stop!” I yelled as I rounded the corner down the aisle.  No luck, he continued to laugh and up the ramp he went.  I made it to the middle aisle where my son ran and a store clerk smiled.  “Patrick stop!” I yelled again.  “Oh, seriously?”  the young man said and joined the chase.  Finally he was trapped between my husband and the clerk and swooped into Patrick’s arms.  My son laughed as I cursed the muscles already hurting in my out of shape body.  Then, back to shopping.  Your turn I thought as my husband took chase after him as he ran off again this time pushing a pint sized shopping cart.  I turned down the aisle for the oven cleaner and hoped for the best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment